Lower Back Pain
- Injury of lower back of muscles, ligaments, and joints.
- Overuse of lower back
- Pain caused by nerve roots due to compression of the joints or degenerative joint diseases:
- Bulged or herniated discs due to sports injury or trauma.
- Osteoarthritis, generally caused by aging. When osteoarthritis affects the small joints in the spine, it can lead to back pain; when Osteoarthritis affects other joints, such as the hips, can cause you to limp or to change the way you walk. This can also lead to back pain.
- Spondylolisthesis, a defect that allows one vertebra to slide over another.
- Spinal stenosis, or narrowing of the spinal canal, which is usually caused by getting older.
- Fractures of the vertebrae caused by a lot of force, such as from an auto or bicycle accident, a direct blow to the spine, or compressing the spine by falling onto the buttocks or head.
- Spinal deformities, including curvature problems such as severe scoliosis or kyphosis.
- Spinal manipulation is a “hands-on” approach in which we use leverage and a series of exercises to adjust spinal structures and restore back mobility.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is administered by a battery-powered device that sends mild electric pulses along nerve fibers to block pain signals to the brain. Small electrodes placed on the skin at or near the site of pain generate nerve impulses that block incoming pain signals from the peripheral nerves. TENS may also help stimulate the brain’s production of endorphins (chemicals that have pain-relieving properties).
- Ultrasound is a noninvasive therapy used to warm the body’s internal tissues, which causes muscles to relax. Sound waves pass through the skin and into the injured muscles and other soft tissues. We use Smart Stim and Ultrasound Combo on the localized nerve to help aid in this treatment.
Manhattan Wellness Group have put together a group of highly trained and professional individuals that care about your health and wellbeing. Visit us at either of our Midtown Manhattan NYC or Brooklyn Heights NY locations so you can be properly diagnosed and evaluated and can start a treatment plan that is natural and tailored to your specific needs.